HLC Candlelight candle Heat powered LED lamp with 2000mah

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
hi_tech_guy_18

HLC Candlelight candle Heat powered LED lamp with 2000mah

Post by hi_tech_guy_18 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:42 pm

HLC Candlelight candle Heat powered LED lamp with 2000mah power bank
USA http://www.amazon.com/HLC-Powered-Adjus ... 00S9ERWC8/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LARJNQ4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wonderful Aroma lamp,Creates its own electricity; Candlelight uses a tea light candle to power a thermal generator converting heat to electric that is stored in a battery power bank.
Provides ambient lighting; Two telescopic support rods for height, tilt and direction of Led lamp.
Functional and Decorative; Candlelight patent pending built in power bank and USB 2.0 socket gives you light and power whenever and wherever you are.
Elegant lighting for Outdoor Entertaining; Quick to set up, just light the tea candle and within seconds the generator turns on the Led's and charges the battery power bank
Candlelight is ideal for camping, caravanning, festivals and picnicking. No need to ever go indoors again to recharge anything.

Going to get me one to test out

techman
Site Admin

Re: HLC Candlelight candle Heat powered LED lamp with 2000ma

Post by techman » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:30 pm

I LOVE it!!!

This means you get light two times from the same candle. And if you make your own candle wax or use oil you can reuse the tea light bases and just keep on producing power and light.

This is awesome.

Please do share your results if you get one.

hi_tech_guy_18

Post by hi_tech_guy_18 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:05 pm

I have one
it Arrived early (was expecting it Monday 23rd Feb 2015)
Arrived 21th Feb 2015 Sat lunch time
I'm trying it out with a 2nd 10 hour Tea Candle
The manual was a little rushed / need improvement due it missed details about the 3 switch positions
the 10 hour tea lights can be fitted but they do need a little mod & thumbs push to fit in and needs a trick or two to light them as you close the door

The firsts one I wasted 10 hours due I had the switch wrong so it wasn't charging the 2000mah internal battery (8 hours - till full battry)

Now with the switch set right it correctly charging 2000mah internal battery

I am Impressed with the Candle to LED Light Output Mode
The leds are brighter than the tea light candles if on there own

Candle to USB Charging it liked my:
Intel Atom quad-core x86 64bit Android Tablet - 2GB RAM - 16GB Internal flash + 32GB SD Card Storage
http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl/?icid= ... tlink_hudl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Three Mobile - Huawei E5372 4G Mobile Wi-Fi (Topup - Pay As You Go)
http://store.three.co.uk/view/product/q ... vice/20302" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MicroVison ShowWX Plus HDMI Laser Pico Projector
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005D6D6DY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even liked my
Panasonic HC-V750EB-K Full HD Camcorder
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HQEJWE8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But it Didn't love my
Nokia N Series N8 phone (it s a bit fussy the phone is, but maybe will work later when the internal battery fully charged )
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/pc-p ... n8-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will be doing 2x 12 Hour Time-lapse videos tomorrow

hi_tech_guy_18

Post by hi_tech_guy_18 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:37 pm

You could say with that gear I can have my Own Ultra Low wattage
Off grid Candle Heat powered Cinema
Off grid Even Candle Heat powered Independent Cinema

That MicroVison ShowWX Plus HDMI Laser Pico Projector in complete darkness will give you a 50" Screen for 2 hours

hi_tech_guy_18

Post by hi_tech_guy_18 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:59 am

Well it seems my internal battery is dead or not getting a contact (something not soldered)
However everything else works just fine

I did discover a nice battery work around! even some unofficial expansion options
I can use one of my External USB Battery packs both to take a charge + power the led light in battery mode. (something the internal battery should of done yet it does it with a external USB pack Just as well)
(to me even if the internal battery is dead or a bad connection to it its a easy fix (playing with RC cars / Fixing computers / Taking everything apart childhood) for me however it did allow me to find extra External options even extra expansions)

I not going to return it even if its only 75% working (yes it would be very nice to have a 100% working one) but a half broken one leads to Education Experiments and testing lean how to DIY Service them & Upgrades :D
its not going to put me off the product (these things do happen (odd bad one that make it throw the batch of good ones)
I am going to get another 3x of them (hopeful they will all be 100% working)

These are vary good site for self repairs
http://therestartproject.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.ifixit.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What did i find out about my
HLC Candlelight candle Heat powered LED lamp

well i worked out that I can parallel 3, 4 of them together and make usb battery pack charge up faster or change the other lights up faster (4x = USB 5V 2A)

hi_tech_guy_18

Post by hi_tech_guy_18 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:07 pm

UPDATE: I got 2 more
I immediately put them on my Mains USB 2A Power supply for 10 mins to make sure the battery's were 100% working
Unplugged after 10 mins and switched the light mode on We have LED light from internal battery and flipped the switch back and then plugged them back in to see how fast a Mains 2A USB supply would take Charge the internal battery of both to full

Charging:
When you Charge from the Mains / Thermal Electric a Red led comes on to let you know its charging
When full the red goes out and a green LED comes on to let you know its fully charged up

On a Mains/12v to 5V DC DC Regulator USB Charging
The Recharge time is 4 to 5 hours on mains supply

On candle
The Recharge time is 6 to 8 hours
- 2x 4-5 hour Tea lights candles 5/8" (16mm)
- 2x 10 hour Tea lights candles - Diameter = 38mm & Height = (25mm). But note they only burn for 6 - 7 hours it a bit of an mini oven for them and they need a little pressure and a fiddle to fit in and need a bit of a trick to keep lit as you close the door. (it easier to remove them empty than it is to thumb push them in fully loaded with wax)

I did read if you keep the White LED's lights off for recharging the 2,000mAh internal battery when full the internal battery will keep the White LED's lights going for upto 50 hours! on its own without the candle

Update on the First one I decided to take the light off it and make it Just a USB Thermal Generator due this one had the dead battery
However I can now use it in conjugation with the other two as a booster it easer to tell them apart ( I Have kept its parts so when i get the replacement battery can soon rebuild it)

I waiting for a inline USB power analyzer "PortPilot" to arrive from the usa (will take 2 or 3 weeks from the date of this post) i'm in the UK

tom bednar

Post by tom bednar » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:26 pm

Very interesting, might get one.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:27 pm

WOW!!!

I cannot believe it lasts for 50 hours from a single tea light. That is like actually getting more light output than what you put in. Now this is some seriously good stuff.

Happy to hear you got the one working properly.

I am going to get one of these for sure. This is so amazing.

Awesome candle powered home cinema :)

hi_tech_guy_18

Post by hi_tech_guy_18 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:52 am

How are you getting on with your Candle Heat powered LED lamp with 2000mah Troy?

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:12 pm

I am really impressed with it. Really loving it. It does carbon up quickly though and needs a lot of cleaning. It may be that I am using cheaper tea lights.

I am still testing it fully though before I release my results. I thoroughly test a product before I talk about it on video or my blog. I will let you know when I am done.

One thing is that I am extremely impressed with the brightness of the LED light considering the power comes from a tea light.