giant wall radiator

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
denny

giant wall radiator

Post by denny » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:17 am

I am a newbie to these board things and didn't get that you post under topics. The link below is to a guy who builds a giant.wall radiator using paint. Seems to me that you could make a solar powered one if a panel would generate enough power..I haven't a clue about all that stuff. Like I said I only understand flipping on the switch. Does this thing use more power than what a solar window shutter could generate if it got power.sitting in a Window as a shutter

I suppose the biggest problem would be where to store the power batteries if you used it as a shutter in a Window.

Watch "Painting A Giant Radiator Straight On Your Wall" on YouTube
Painting A Giant Radiator Straight On Your Wall: http://youtu.be/r9tZ_2PVvwY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

techman
Site Admin

Re: giant wall radiator

Post by techman » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:36 am

Using a concrete or stone mass and painting it is an awesome way to collect energy from the sun. I am hoping to make a passive solar porch on the front of my tiny house soon to do just that. Anything painted black will collect the heat of the sun and give it back off.

Brick walls, masonry or stone painted black will then radiate the heat back at night.