Upside-down flowerpot heater

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
tweakinreaper

Upside-down flowerpot heater

Post by tweakinreaper » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:31 am

Using 2 (one smaller) terracotta flowerpots, a bolt, some large washers and nuts, Bolt the smaller pot inside the larger pot with 2 or more nuts for spacing top your alcohol stove you found at the yard sale.(or make a DIY video of the soda can alcohol stove). Placing it across from your bed could really warm the cold nights up, as well as adding one to your living/kitchen area can spread the heat out over the RV more quickly on the cold wake ups.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Upside-down flowerpot heater

Post by techman » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:59 pm

The problem with a candle is that it does not produce enough heat energy to do anything with. An RV or camper is badly insulated and you cannot ever increase the inside temperature with candles. I have tried with three oil lamps and three or four candles in winter.

In a very well insulated closet this may work.

One day I plan to put this together and show people. I have the pots put aside already for when I return from Australia. I will do a test with thermometers on a cold night with no other heat in my RV and demonstrate it