A Special Note on Bearings and Generators

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
techman
Site Admin

Re: A Special Note on Bearings and Generators

Post by techman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Thank you for the info. That is very good to know about the bearings. I would not have thought of trying TSC for the bearings. Thanks.

Hankandtilly

Post by Hankandtilly » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:33 pm

I have had several of those HORRIBLE 2stroke generators. notice how i said HORRIBLE? well that was back when i actually bought stuff new and took care of it, right out of the box they needed work just to fire up, not ever could i run them without keeping tools very handy. I have a cheap 3000 watt Yamaha clone 4 cycle generator that i bought for $20 from a guy who got it from a guy who got it from the previous owners of his house. this thing sits outside, (in canada) with gas in the carb and starts first pull ALWAYS.
what? who, me? no, i wasn't driving a tractor in the city........ :P

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 am

You got an awesome deal on that one then. So far my little HF generator is running well. I have used it heavily since returning from Australia. I love it. I have heard that it is hit and miss with HF tools. If you get a good one then they are great.