Battery Switching - Tesla 4 Battery Switch

Discussions about solar, wind and radiant energy. Electronics and projects dealing with energy savings.
techman
Site Admin

Battery Switching - Tesla 4 Battery Switch

Post by techman » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:49 am

I am working on some experiments that are over 100 years old. This is nothing new to the alternate energy community but for some reason nobody has carried on very long with these experiments.

I am also working on my own circuits for this technique because on all the ones I have seen online so far they all seem to destroy the batteries.

On my first video and article I have started out by manually switching some 18650 batteries by hand. One set of batteries is set up in series to give me 8 Volts while the second set of batteries is wired in parallel.

The series batteries power a load while the electrons leaving that load also charge up the parallel set of batteries, seemingly for free.

My experiments with swapping batteries around by hand will show if this is true or not.

Time will tell.

If that works out then I plan to automate the system using a new and unique method for swapping batteries around in a non destructive manner.

Please feel free to contribute your ideas, suggestions, questions and thoughts here.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Battery Switching - Tesla 4 Battery Switch

Post by techman » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:05 pm

The experiments I am running are very loosely based on the patents of Carlos Benito from the early 1900s where he was switching capacitors and batteries along with some coils to harness some energy from the environment. His project could run a load while keeping the batteries charged.

Later modifications were made and it became known as the Tesla 4 Battery Switch, or Tesla Switch in short. But this circuit is a lot different from the original patents of Carlos.

Many people have experimented with the Tesla Switch such as John Bedini and Ronald Brandt, Rick F and many others. But as far as I know, none of these has been put to commercial use. And from what many people are saying the circuits can destroy batteries.

The Tesla Switch circuits swap batteries around 100s of times a second in order to harness some energy from the environment to power a load while charging batteries. The problem is that you should not charge and discharge batteries at the same time. Anyway, this is not the route I am going with my own experiments.

If you connect a battery to a load, the load will be powered and the battery will be discharged. This is normal. But if you put another set of batteries in the circuit they can be charged with the same electrons that powered the load.

I am running two sets of batteries with manual switching based on the battery voltages. This is very slow switching in comparison to the Tesla Switch. I am switching my batteries just a few times per day.