White LED Christmas lights -- Cheap DIY indirect lighting.

Learn how to make your own LED light bulbs. Share your own project plans and ideas here. General LED discussions.
Bryan

White LED Christmas lights -- Cheap DIY indirect lighting.

Post by Bryan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:48 pm

I liked the indirect LED lighting system that Troy did so much I wanted to do that myself. After Christmas, all the excess stock was on sale at OSH. I bought 4 rolls of LED Christmas lights, totaling 156' for about $50. (That was all they had, if not I would have bought more.) I haven't started this project yet because it will involve putting a switched outlet near the ceiling, plus it's going to take a lot of crown molding (type stuff) to do the entire living room. The reason I mention this is because if you were to buy that many feet of regular LED light strips it would cost a LOT of money. Since the green wires wont be seen, the on sale for cheap Christmas lights were a real bargain! I hope this helps for anybody looking to do the same type of indirect lighting project.
--Bryan

techman
Site Admin

Re: White LED Christmas lights -- Cheap DIY indirect lightin

Post by techman » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:41 pm

I picked up a couple LED strings on discount myself. I did not buy much, just two strings to play with but they sure look nice. I hope to use them upstairs somewhere.

Your crown molding will probably cost way more than the LEDs. lol

Have fun. Post photos here when you get to it. Thanks