Heating your rv with the aluminum duct you received

Discussions about Camper, Trailer and RV repair.
Bkarinsdad

Heating your rv with the aluminum duct you received

Post by Bkarinsdad » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Troy,
Take some 4 inch metal duct and mount it above your wood stove. Then connect to your 4 inch blower. Run the duct through your acesss hole under your bed and let it discharge into your rv.
Now you can close the window above your bed and enjoy more heat from your wood stove.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Heating your rv with the aluminum duct you received

Post by techman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:44 pm

I might try that but first I want to see what happens with the air flow going "out" of the RV back into the stove shed.

And the only other problem I have with the idea is right now I am using a 10 inch fan where that duct is only 4 inches. Afraid I might loose a lot of flow. Not against trying it though, just talking out loud.

mr bugsier5

Post by mr bugsier5 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:44 pm

In my opinion the duct close to the stove with the inlyne fan will work even better as the big fan, put a piece of metal plate like a umbrella close above te stove catching the rising heat close to the stove an than ducting it into the rv with the fan mounted in he duct will bring mutch more and heater air into the rv, but closing up the stove shed wil aso increase the heat, be aware the stove needs burning air to!, dont sufficate the fire or yourselve!
Keep on inproving troy!,
dont be afraid to ask!, a stupid question does not exist!
forgive me my bad English!, as long as you know what i mean it,s fine for me!
(you thry dutch, wont be easy to! HA HA!)

tazmanddevil67

Post by tazmanddevil67 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Have you considered a Heat Exchanger, And run the tubing into the opening under the bed with a Tee where you can direct heat into the bathroom, And the bedroom.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:10 pm

I am going to push cold air out from under the bed and pull heated air back inside through the window.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:11 pm

mr bugsier5 wrote:In my opinion the duct close to the stove with the inlyne fan will work even better as the big fan, put a piece of metal plate like a umbrella close above te stove catching the rising heat close to the stove an than ducting it into the rv with the fan mounted in he duct will bring mutch more and heater air into the rv, but closing up the stove shed wil aso increase the heat, be aware the stove needs burning air to!, dont sufficate the fire or yourselve!
Keep on inproving troy!,
When I have the stove shed totally sealed off I will use a duct to bring in fresh air for the stove to burn.