How to desulfate lead acid batteries for free

Post anything about batteries here. Lead acid, rechargeable, whatever.
rfnreynders

Re: How to desulfate lead acid batteries for free

Post by rfnreynders » Sun May 19, 2013 8:34 am

Hi, Techman !

I build a charger myself, that works like bedini does, with the radiant spikes, but also uses the common inputted power.
This way you will be able to restore more battery's then the bedini circuit can.

Also it charges battery's wayyyyyyy faster and with more power.

It is even tunable and it will not overcharge battery's.

Once you understand how it works you can even let a charger run all night and day forever without killing your battery.

It is super cheap and easier to uild then the bedini.

2 diodes, 1 2N3055 transistor. a 100 ohm resistor, a 1Kohm pot meter, a toroid, some wire, and your voltage (DC) source which can be anything. But it works superb with solar panels (doing that at home).

So for in a camper with solar panels, you really might want to use this charger.

Info on my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvKa4zneaRQ

Enjoy.

Rene Reijnders / EMC4U2

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Sun May 19, 2013 9:55 am

OH, that was your video I saw in the previous post. I did not realize that.

Interesting. Now I need to figure out why this is more efficient than the Bedini motor?

acrowder53

Post by acrowder53 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Hello

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if when I go to build the SSG motor if i need to build a bifilar wound inductor or if I can just use the solenoid coils that Troy was talking about. Reason why I ask is because I'm confused if a coil has to be bifilar wound or if its just a collapsing Back EMF that will work with any type of coil. Assuming all are wound in the same direction? I also read that NdFeB magnets are to powerful and that small ceramic magnets work better and should be used. I'm also wanting any information on which schematic I should use off the website about the SSG? Should I use a hand drawn one or should I use the animated drawing? Any information would be much much appreciated.

thank you

EC
ethancrowder22@gmail.com

kcscott11

Post by kcscott11 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:55 pm

First off, this being my first post, a small introducition about me:

Hello Im KC I am very much into alternative energies, saving money etc. I rebuild and sell cars and motorcycles for a living on the side. I Buy a lot of new batteries for cars I am working on. I would like to not have to buy so many at a 100+ a piece. I need to build the radiant energy battery desulfator. I am good at electronics as well and have been building computers and small electronics since I was a young teen. However I never learned to read schematics too great.... I can understand some and others I cant. I under stand the concept of the charger using a non magnetic rotating device, with equally spaced magnets, with electric coils to create a generator, just cant figure out by the schematic how to attach the components to properly build my circuit. If some one could break down the schematic for me and post it in an easier to understand format or point me to someone who did a step by step diy on it, it would be greatly appreciated, or make me a step by step? If i can just get the schematic I can understand, I will take pictures and create a step by step, just to help contribute. People can save money this way. Hell people can make money this way, by buying bad batteries, fixing, and reselling for a fair profit, but much cheaper than you could buy one anywheres else. Looking forward to a response. Thanks so much. K.C.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:00 pm

acrowder53 wrote:Hello

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if when I go to build the SSG motor if i need to build a bifilar wound inductor or if I can just use the solenoid coils that Troy was talking about. Reason why I ask is because I'm confused if a coil has to be bifilar wound or if its just a collapsing Back EMF that will work with any type of coil. Assuming all are wound in the same direction? I also read that NdFeB magnets are to powerful and that small ceramic magnets work better and should be used. I'm also wanting any information on which schematic I should use off the website about the SSG? Should I use a hand drawn one or should I use the animated drawing? Any information would be much much appreciated.

thank you

EC
Just about any coil will do based on my experiments. For your first build though you should try to stick to the original schematics and plan. After you are comfortable with building these then feel free to experiment with parts.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:03 pm

kcscott11 wrote:First off, this being my first post, a small introducition about me:

Hello Im KC I am very much into alternative energies, saving money etc. I rebuild and sell cars and motorcycles for a living on the side. I Buy a lot of new batteries for cars I am working on. I would like to not have to buy so many at a 100+ a piece. I need to build the radiant energy battery desulfator. I am good at electronics as well and have been building computers and small electronics since I was a young teen. However I never learned to read schematics too great.... I can understand some and others I cant. I under stand the concept of the charger using a non magnetic rotating device, with equally spaced magnets, with electric coils to create a generator, just cant figure out by the schematic how to attach the components to properly build my circuit. If some one could break down the schematic for me and post it in an easier to understand format or point me to someone who did a step by step diy on it, it would be greatly appreciated, or make me a step by step? If i can just get the schematic I can understand, I will take pictures and create a step by step, just to help contribute. People can save money this way. Hell people can make money this way, by buying bad batteries, fixing, and reselling for a fair profit, but much cheaper than you could buy one anywheres else. Looking forward to a response. Thanks so much. K.C.

It is not so simple to just explain the schematic in detail. Maybe I can give it a try in a webpage later one or write an article about it.

I promised I would make a video showing how to make an SSG. I guess its about time I get to it then. I will do my best to get a good, clearly explained video up as soon as possible.