connections off Troy's batterybank the right way.

Post anything about batteries here. Lead acid, rechargeable, whatever.
mr bugsier5

connections off Troy's batterybank the right way.

Post by mr bugsier5 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:20 am

sorry for the simple drawing, but this is what y mean troy, connect the 3 6 volt points in your bank also together, you did a good job on the better connections to draw equal, but do not forget to keep the 6 volt points also equal!, conect the 3 6 volt points also together with two thick jumper wires to, see the drawing!
dont be afraid to ask!, a stupid question does not exist!
forgive me my bad English!, as long as you know what i mean it,s fine for me!
(you thry dutch, wont be easy to! HA HA!)

mr bugsier5

Re: connections off Troy's batterybank the right way.

Post by mr bugsier5 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:22 am

ps cant get the picture in!, i will send you a mail.
grts Richard
dont be afraid to ask!, a stupid question does not exist!
forgive me my bad English!, as long as you know what i mean it,s fine for me!
(you thry dutch, wont be easy to! HA HA!)

techman
Site Admin

Re: connections off Troy's batterybank the right way.

Post by techman » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:42 pm

6v batt bank Troy.jpg
6v batt bank Troy.jpg (300.03 KiB) Viewed 8802 times
I uploaded the file you emailed me. Thank you very much. I am also copying part of the email you sent me. It contains some great information. Here it is:

this is also a must in 24 volt serie parralel systems (if you use 12v bats its the same as in your case, if its 24 volts with 6 volt batterys, just connect them all , so the same drawing but then in series, you know what y mean i hope!)

most people forget to make these connections, but it sure is inportand to keep every battery equal!, this wil increace the life expectancy en the power off your bank.

what you mentioned in your video about the battery bank inprovement about batterys , you mentioned that batterys work less good in cold , that is thrue!, but the work better in heat! , so good that you create a problem with the loading off it in high heat situations, the capacity will rise in heat, but the internal resistance does not, giving problems with overcharging by lead battery's., iff you have a starter battery that is drawn empty and you have to make a emergence start you can heat the battery up on a heat source, than after a while you can start the car again, offgrid trick!