wiring batterie

Post anything about batteries here. Lead acid, rechargeable, whatever.
Zelturo

wiring batterie

Post by Zelturo » Fri May 02, 2014 9:13 am

Hello troy I was looking into the bedini ssg on your web site and I noticeed that the batteries you have took pictures of seems to be 2X connect 12V batteries connected in parrallel and I also noticed that you are connecting the plus and minus on the same batteries.

Iam an RV technician and I do connect alot of batteries and you should when connecting a set of batteries in parrallel connect the positive on one batterie and the negative on the other. It will make shure both batteries are being empty at the same time and it will make both batteries las longer.

The reason for that is that electricity is just like water and it will take the easier way out of the batteries. Give it a try and let me know

David Richard

techman
Site Admin

Re: wiring batterie

Post by techman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:08 am

Interesting. I never thought about doing this the same way with a Bedini motor. I always just connected them all in parallel. Actually I never even saw anything like what you suggest on John Bedini's website. Not saying he never mentioned it, but that I never saw it.

I will try this when I get a chance and see how it goes. I will certainly do a video when I get to it. I am still setting up my work shop though so it will not be any time real soon but this is certainly a good idea to try out.

Thanks for the idea.

Zelturo

Post by Zelturo » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:13 pm

No problem all that training my boss is giving me need to pay off some time lol

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:48 pm

:D

Zelturo

Post by Zelturo » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:47 am

I just watched the video and I believe you should remove those boss bars completly and replace it with 0 gage wire I could make you the exact wire you need if you tell me the size you would make I could tell at what price I could get it to ya

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Thank you for the offer but right now new wires are not at all in my budget. I hope to wire up the whole system properly in my tiny house on wheels. I will have a battery room where I keep all my equipment and battery bank.