Hydrogen Booster project

Fuel savings and tuning experiments
Reason13

Hydrogen Booster project

Post by Reason13 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:14 am

hi guys...

Im quite keen on finishing the project and have completed the booster and supressor with great pride. I am mechanically and practically gifted but not that savvy on electronics. could you guys please post the other installation and improvement steps for the booster? im really exited about getting it done and i refuse to buy anything as ive built it up to this far and im determined to complete it myself. please be as prompt as would be convenient.

thanks for the great work.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Hydrogen Booster project

Post by techman » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi,

You basically need to hook up the booster through a relay switch to automatically shut it off when the car ignition is turned off. I did this through a wire to the fuse box under the hood and a relay right next to it. To make it manual as well, so you can shut it off from inside the car, hook up a toggle switch to the relay.

The electronic ignition controls get a bit more complicated..

A web page showing the detailed electronics wiring will be posted to The DIY World soon. Check back and watch for it.

boggy_bb

Post by boggy_bb » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:21 am

Hey all
Did you ever find the electrical wiring information for the hydrogen booster project? I am very excited about this and want to get it done. I am mechanically inclined as well but I don't like working with the electric side of things either. If you found the guide/instructions for hooking this thing up I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks for all the help.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 am

Ok, sorry for the wait. I make these diagrams myself. Not too much of an artist I might add.

Here is the wiring diagram:

Connect the negative of the car battery directly to the negative of the hydrogen booster.

To tap into the positive terminal, I use the positive wire of the You Are A Spammer lighter and hook up a toggle switch to that. You can use a terminal in the fuse box as well. You want a toggle switch inside your car to turn the booster on and off at will. The positive should be hooked to the accessory terminal though, or something on that line that is always off when the key of the car is turned off. This will prevent you from accidentally draining your battery.

The toggle switch is used to turn a 30 Amp relay on and off. This will be located under the hood of your car, next to the hydrogen booster. The positive line if the relay coil is connected to your toggle switch in the dash of the car.

The negative side of the relay coil is connected straight to the negative terminal of the vehicle battery.

Connect the positive terminal of your vehicle battery to one side of the relay switch. Connect the other side of the relay switch to your hydrogen booster positive terminal.

You should also include a fuse in this line (not shown), for safety.

I hope this is clear enough. Please let me know if it is not.

boggy_bb

Post by boggy_bb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 am

Thank you for the diagram and description. As far as the fuel line from the booster or rather the suppressor, I've read a lot about this project and found that it is supposed to be hooked up to the air intake just behind the air filter and I have also read where it is supposed to be hooked up to the intake manifold, and where it is supposed to be hooked to both with a splitter and two lines and one way check valves.... What is the way to hook this particular booster up as far as the gas line is concerned? Thanks for all the help.

boggy_bb

Post by boggy_bb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Some of the sites that I have found mention having to add electrolytes to the water. Is that necessary with all systems and where can you get electrolytes?

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:51 pm

I will answer both of your questions here.

I only use Potassium Hydroxide, which comes in pure form as drain opener from Home Depot. It is the white bottle with red labeling. The brand name is Pequa. This has a catalytic action. It increases the electrical conductivity of the water, while not being used up itself. It does not enter the fuel system.

So NOT use baking soda as some suggest. This stuff gets used up and enters the system. It is corrosive.

Never go into the engine manifold. Lead the gas into the engine just before the air filter. This way the gas gets mixed with the fuel-air mixture and is pulled into the engine. It will get properly mixed in with the fuel and cause a better burn. The air filter will also help stop a backfire from blowing your nice little H2O booster up.

Is it strongly advised to use a bubbler also known as a backfire suppressor. This is simply a bottle of water with a hose connected on the bottom and one at the top. The bottle should be made of thin material or have a weak point to blow out in case of an engine backfire. The bottom hose goes to the output of your hydrogen booster. The top hose goes out to your vehicle.

Hope this is clear. I will also try to make a diagram of this and get it on my website.

Solar98632

Post by Solar98632 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 pm

I have learned the hard way when I had a flash back, Thank God I at least had the common sense to place my jar in a Steel Cabinet. the result was it saved me from blowing out a sliding glass door and receiving glass shrapnel . :o :shock: :? :x

Solar98632

Post by Solar98632 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Oh the explosion was from when I was creating a gas torch.

ayeawhoo

Post by ayeawhoo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Will the unit as it described here produce enough hydrogen to do a significant boost on a 18 wheeler diesel engine or does it have to be enlarged.

Red