Induction Cook Tops

Anything off grid. Energy, waste management, water supply, housing, whatever.
Solar98632

Induction Cook Tops

Post by Solar98632 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:20 am

As an Induction cook top user (NuWave PIC2 1,300 watts)
I can say that you are in for a treat providing that you get the power up to run it.

It will work a lot faster then even your gas range.

but one peice of advice, not all Stainless Steel is magnetic.
Make sure you cary a mag net with you.

Induction cooking heats a cooking vessel by electrical induction, instead of by thermal conduction from a high-temperature source, such as a gas or other flame, or an electrical heating element, as used by most cooking stoves.

For all models of induction cooktops, a cooking vessel must be made of or contain a ferromagnetic metal such as cast iron or stainless steel; this can be achieved by compounding with a ferrous inlay. Copper, glass and aluminum vessels can be placed on a ferromagnetic interface disk which functions as a conventional hotplate.

had i the money i would have sent you the NuWave PIC 2 as it is only 1,300 watts.

At any rate faster cook time means less energy being wasted.

i hope that you get everything taken care of with you batteries.

You asked me tp update you ony batteries.

ok normal temps are 400 amp
at 32 F, amp are 250 , and at 0 F 160 amp.

techman
Site Admin

Re: Induction Cook Tops

Post by techman » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:58 am

I am looking forward to a sunny day to try out my induction cook top. So far no luck. Now that I have the solar panels connected together nicely, I have to wait for the sun.

My batteries are limping along. When the sun shines I charge up everything I have. Portable power units, flashlight batteries and all.