Tiny Home discussions Go Here

wotsken

Re: Tiny Home discussions Go Here

Post by wotsken » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:13 pm

ok i am going to try to post this i have a bunch of stuff i think might help if it looks like something you might want to use so i am going to put a bunch of links to videos and maybe pictures and it might just be one thing in the video i am trying to point out that might help so i will put the reason for the video or picture

first link is a guy that builds tiny houses but not on trailers the reason for the link is how they have made the porches
my thought was to be able to fold up the porch and the roof for transport my thought was to make a porch floor that could be folded up and then the roof could be folded down they could be locked in together for transport then the walls could be made of small 2x2 in panels that could be taken apart and moved in the back of the truck you could cover all of it with clear roofing for winter and build in a role down shade cover for summer that's the next video
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NedRnTVqZAs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. i cant get this video right now its from Geoff Lawton videos but right now he has a online class going on when he does that i cant get to any of his videos sorry but in the video they built a box the whole length of the roof inside they have a shade tarp that roles out in summer to keep the temp cool in the room
3. another video about a fold up porch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgn81TNgynQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so with using both ideas together you could have a shade spot in the summer and a green house in the winter

next videos show a very easy solution to help keep your wood dry just using a tarp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF6-MwlZ5hI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this guy builds allot of stuff by picking up junk on the side of the road i am sure if you look threw his videos it could give you some great ideas to help in building anything realy he thinks outside the box
https://www.youtube.com/user/relaxshacksDOTcom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

well i am going to have to do this is different steps lol that took me 2 hours to find the videos lol i guess i need to get my crap together lol hope this info helps

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:55 pm

The first video all I can say is WOW!!! I love it!!! It is so beautiful. This guy did some awesome work.

The last guy you mentioned I have heard of before. Pretty cool. Interesting his channel is the same size as mine.

Thanks for the links. Got my mind going over time now :)

Conductor15

Post by Conductor15 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Hey Troy, this is the first time I have commented so forgive me if someone has already suggested this. I have a very similar shower to yours in my cabin. It too was very floppy as assembled following the instructions. What I did to fix this was replace the bolts holding the handrail and the screws holding the top rail with longer screws and screw into the OSB on the left side and back of your shower. On the other side, I installed my sink cabinet up tight against the shower wall and having done these things it is very secure. I can push on the shower walls and nothing moves. Also don't forget that you can attach the shower nozzle to the rafters above the shower to gain extra height.

Cheers,
Danny

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. That is somewhat how I plan to do it as well. The bathroom sink and cabinet will hold the plumbing and firm it all up nicely. I will probably go through the shower into the OSB behind it.

troyiscool

Post by troyiscool » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:39 am

Hi Troy Reid I knew Ryan aka fixedbydoc shut down your channel cuz he's jealous of you anyway God bless you and Melanie
I love Ashley

TECABI

Post by TECABI » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:48 am

Hi Troy.

I noticed on you want to move, but leave your tiny house on wheels behind. Tiny house is usually quite personal, and built for you needs.
Isn't tiny house on wheels idea, about taking with you, when you moving other places.

Why you don't take tiny house with you, to new place ?

chefsteve42

Post by chefsteve42 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Hey buddy, I live here in Michigan. Friends of my parents some how know your parents, but I don't actually know you or them. Any way I wanted to tell you, that in Michigan things will be different. I personally know someone who had a problem kind of like what you're going through with "doc". He got turned in once, the police came out and checked, and found nothing they were supposed to find. The next time the person tried to file a false report, they busted them and had them extradited. Michigan don't fool around, they work with just about every state, and Pa. is one they do work with. New York has a lot of crime, so they don't really have the man power to work a case like yours, but Michigan does. In fact, they either just opened one or are gonna open one, a center for cyber crime. A crime against you, is a cyber crime, I'm sure you know that. Google is coming to Grand Rapids, they just opened a huge data center outside of there that does stuff for eBay, amazon and google. Just wait until you get here, and ol doc will be history.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Wed May 03, 2017 10:52 am

I figure that things will be a lot better here because people seem to care more here. And the police are not over stressed like in NY. We are getting to know the neighbors and people in town very well already.