New Forkliftbatteries

Post anything about batteries here. Lead acid, rechargeable, whatever.
bindi the electric

New Forkliftbatteries

Post by bindi the electric » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:57 am

Hi Troy !

I'm a certified car electrician and experienced forklift engineer from Germany. If you can give me the make and specs of the batterie I can send you a Electrolyte Circulation System and a AquaGen® premium.top system . These Systems can expand the lifetime and Ah output.
I also would to recommend a well insulated an on top ventilated box for the new cells. Maybe you can blow warm air from the house at the bottom of the box to hold the cells warm in optimal working temperature. Feel free to ask me of that topic !

Servus from Bavaria

Michael

DrBill

Re: New Forkliftbatteries

Post by DrBill » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:43 pm

bindi the electric wrote:Hi Troy !

I'm a certified car electrician and experienced forklift engineer from Germany. If you can give me the make and specs of the batterie I can send you a Electrolyte Circulation System and a AquaGen® premium.top system . These Systems can expand the lifetime and Ah output.
I also would to recommend a well insulated an on top ventilated box for the new cells. Maybe you can blow warm air from the house at the bottom of the box to hold the cells warm in optimal working temperature. Feel free to ask me of that topic !

Servus from Bavaria

Michael
Now THAT's ah good idea! There is more heat than he needs in that little house and it's easily do' able.

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi,

Is this offer still open?

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. At first I did not even have the battery when you wrote this to me.

Then I had to get it all hooked up to the house. I am not sure though if this battery is going to be working or not. Still trying to get it over 12.2 volts at rest.

When I first got the battery I did not check the voltage. I trusted the guys figuring they had it fully charged when they delivered it.

It took me about 10 days to get it over to my tiny house and then I checked the voltage - before doing anything at all with it. The voltage was 12.2 volts

Since then the voltage has always been 12.2 volts at rest. Even now that I have them near 70 degrees F.

DumbAssMusician

Post by DumbAssMusician » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:16 pm

I know it is an old thread but... Have you considered using a megapulse and some rejuvenate liquid to bring these batteries up? I know there are various desulphators on the market but the megapulse (about $100us delivered) is an Australian made unit with 7 yr warranty and tested vigorously by the CSIRO (our gov funded/run scientific body here in Aus) and I have found that batteries accept charge better and come up quite a bit. They have answered questions five minutes after I emailed them at 8:30 pm and always bend over backwards to answer questions.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:47 am

Or you could try the "Battery Extra" unlike the megapulse they make lead acid battery reconditioners for larger batteries and higher voltages. this is a link to their site well worth a visit to check it out http://www.recovermybatteries.com

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:27 pm

I have the CLS battery life saver on the large forklift battery bank but they are HUGE batteries and I fear this thing is too small to do any repair to already badly sulfated batteries. I think it can help prevent sulfation nicely though on good batteries.

DumbAssMusician

Post by DumbAssMusician » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Dan seems like he is selling a product with one post?

The megapulse does do larger battery banks, taken from their website.

Can the Megapulse VEE System be used on more than one battery at a time?
The Megapulse VEE System is designed to work with a battery, or a bank of batteries, of up to 2,000 ampere hours (Ah) per unit. For banks above 2,000 Ah, adding further units in series will increase the rating by 2,000 Ah per unit.

Volvo, mercedes and scania all use the megapulse and why I chose that particular brand

We have a liquid here called rejuvenate, there would be many brands of the same thing, it turns the shit off the plates back into electrolyte and from my tests... Works well

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Not sure about Dan. I normally do not allow a link from a new member but it has no affiliate links attached to it. I will keep an eye on him.

Thanks for your further input on megapulse.

There are many ways to desulfate a lead acid battery. Most require simply hitting the plates with a high voltage spike, no current. This should break up the lead sulfate crystals on the plates and convert them back into acid.

Problem is that many of the devices out there are very slow. I love the Bedini motor that I built but it is very slow. John, the inventor has some very large and quite fast ones himself. I just dont have the time or money to experiment right now to make mine more powerful.

LutherG

Post by LutherG » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Hello Troy,

This is not a commercial post but there is a device you can build simply enough that's called a Capacitive Battery Charger. You can Google it. I mention it because it can be sized according to your battery bank size...

Alternately you could build a cap pulser for your bedini setup. I'm sure you're familiar with it but thought I'd mention it just in case...

All the best,

LutherG

techman
Site Admin

Post by techman » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 am

Interesting. Been reading up on it a bit. I guess I can mess with that one day with some junk batteries.

I have read about the Bedini cap pulser. Tried it once but did not get the timing set up very well and then it failed on me. One day after Melanie is here I will get back into my electronics projects. I hope I will have more time then.